1 - Setting up Connection
1. Click on Start Menu, then Control Panel
2. In the Control Panel, select Network Connections, and then select Create a new connection, the following installation wizard window will appear. Click on Next
3. Select Connect to the network at my workplace, then click on Next
4. Select Virtual Private Network connection, then click on Next
5. In the Company Name field, type in AUC-VPN or any other name you prefer to describe this connection, then click Next
6. Select Do not dial the initial connection, then Next
7. In the Hostname or IP address field, type in the IP Address vpn.aucegypt.edu
8. You have now completed the VPN Setup. Click on Finish
2 - Connecting through the VPN connection
1. Click on the Start Menu, go to Connect To, then select AUC-VPN or whatever name you specified for the connection.
2. Type in your username and password in the specified fields, then click Connect
3. The username and password will be validated.
4. After successfully getting connected to AUC VPN server, you will be able to access AUC resources according to the privileges given to your account.
Last Updated: June 2007