Panasonic System Solutions Company
One Panasonic Way 2H5
Secaucus, NJ 07094
Panasonic Model WJ-HD316A SERIES 16 Channel Digital Video Recorder
DIVISION 28 – ELECTRONIC SAFETY AND SECURITY
28 20 00 ELECTRONIC SURVEILLANCE
28 23 00 Video Surveillance
28 23 29 Video Surveillance Remote Devices and Sensors
This specification is intended for use by the design/construction professional and any user of Panasonic Security products to assist in developing project specifications for security and video surveillance systems.
Note to Specifier: This guide specification incorporates CSI MasterFormat™ 2004 Edition Numbers and Titles.
(Notes in Italics, such as this one, are explanatory and intended to guide the design professional/specifier and user in the proper selection and use of materials. This specification should be modified where necessary to accommodate individual project conditions.)
PART 1 GENERAL
Provide manufacturer's standard warranty.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
Panasonic System Solutions Company
Provide Video Surveillance Recorder from single source manufacturer.
16 Channel Digital Video Recorder
(1) Product specifically designed for closed circuit television recording and multiplexing;
(2) The digital recorder shall use modular hard disk media, with a digital format capacity of 500GB or 1TB per module.
(3) Include a 16 channel triplex video multiplexer capable of performing encoding, recording and multi-screen viewing modes simultaneously. Provide 16 channels of live, simultaneous video images in which all 16 channels are refreshed at 60 images per second.
Personal Computer Viewing:
(1) Each of the Security System PCs shall include direct access to each Digital Video Recorders via Microsoft Internet Explorer Web Browser. All necessary descriptive bookmarks and shortcuts shall be prepared on each workstation to allow this direct access. All functions shall be accessible through html commands from a user’s web browser interface. Pictures shall be available for attachment via a user-provided SMTP-based email transport system, and included capability for 16 users and 3 user access levels (admin, control and user).
(2) Video inputs on the optional Matrix System Video Input Card (where applicable) shall be dedicated for use to monitor the multi-screen outputs from the Digital Video Recorder.
(3) If there is any alteration to images copied from DVR to Personal Computer, the downloadable viewer software shall provide detection.
(4) Images that are copied to external DVD-RAM module Model EX-DVD shall be able to be played through the DVR module itself.
(5) Playback of recorded audio information over a maximum of four channels shall be available using the downloadable viewer software.
(1) Include 720(H) x 480(V) (Pixel Memory) sampling and 3-D scan conversion to enable jitter-free stabilized pictures in a single frame. Include 720(H) x 240(V) (Pixel Memory) sampling. and 320(H) x 240(V) (Pixel Memory) sampling with 120 Images per second system recording rate.
(2) Compression shall be provided at Super Fine, Very Fine, Fine, Normal and Extended modes.
(3) Include Emergency, Event, Schedule and Manual Recording Modes.
(4) Each camera shall support individual Recording Rate and Image Quality settings for each of Emergency, Event, Schedule and Manual Recording Modes. This array of Camera Recording Rate and Image Quality settings by the Recording Modes shall form one of 4 Program Actions. The Program Action shall be assignable to a Time Table to form one of 16 Independent Recording Profiles. Each Recording Profile shall be able to be manually activated, activated via RS-232C interface, automatically activated by Time Table, or activated by separate alarm or emergency inputs.
(5) 2X digital zoom and still features shall also be included with the digital video recorder.
(6) The digital video recorder shall feature dynamic alarm recording that will automatically record an additional field of a camera in alarm.
(7) Furnish digital display on the monitor and also recording of the following information: year, month, day, hour, minute and second, as well as alphanumeric camera location ID up to 8 characters. In addition to monitor display, the date and time shall be recorded on the hard disk. The digital video recorder shall also feature video loss detection on all channels.
(8) Pre-event recording: For all individual camera channels, up to 20 seconds of pre-event pictures shall be buffered simultaneously.
(9) Motion-based Recording: Advanced VMD shall be used to detect a specific area, direction and duration of motion for each camera channel, independently and simultaneously. Motion Search may be executed for a single camera channel for a selected area on the image.
(1) Furnish automated disk management and a RTOS (real-time operating system) platform to include 4.8TB of digital video storage on a single partition within the Model WJ-HD316A Digital Video Recorder System. Digital Video Recorders with a native Microsoft Windows operating system shall not be acceptable. Digital Video Recorders requiring external disk management or disk defragmentation functions shall not be acceptable. The WJ-HD316A Digital Video Recorder System shall provide a choice of Physical Partitioning as RAID5 or Disk Mirroring redundant array recording. The user shall be able to partition the available recording areas in a Virtual Partition by Regular, Event, and Copy Partitions. Manually and Scheduled recorded video information shall be assigned to a Regular Recording Partition, which may be overwritten. Event and Emergency Recording Data shall be assignable to an Event Partition, where image overwriting shall be prohibited. Any copied data shall be able to be assigned to the Copy Partition, which may be overwritten or saved as required.
(1) Permit direct camera selection for recording playback of any of 16 video sources at the same time as multi-screen viewing and multiplexed camera encoding (triplex multiplexer capability).
(2) Built-in programmable switcher with dwell time and camera order programming.
(3) The unit shall automatically switch multiple camera images to enable sequential spot monitoring and simultaneous field recording.
(4) Separate spot, multi-screen, multi-screen/RGB and cascaded video monitor outputs
(5) The unit shall offer full screen, 4, 7, 9, 10, 13 and 16 multi-screen monitoring modes.
(1) Camera functions and control shall be accessible for eight (8) cameras on the Model WJ-HD316A itself without optional equipment. The multiplexer shall furnish access to all camera control, set-up and alarm functions, including preset sort and sequence, Super Dynamic activation, digital motion detector mask set, electronic sensitivity up and back light compensation set-up. Controllable camera functions shall be accessible via front panel controls or the optional system controller.
(2) These functions shall include direct access of preset position, zoom (near/far), focus (near/far), iris (open/close) and pan (left/right). Camera functions and control shall be accessible for all cameras through the use of the optional four-channel control unit Model WJ-MP204C or the optional Model WJ-SX150A Matrix System, and fully controllable via the optional system controller, model WV-CU650C.
(3) Cameras connected to the digital video recorder shall feature cable compensation up to 3000' with no loss of video or control signal degradation when using RG59U cable, Belden 9259 or equivalent.
(4) Controllable camera functions on Panasonic's Unitized Surveillance Devices model WV-CS954 or model WV-CW964 shall be accessible via front panel controls or the optional system controller, model WV-CU650C. These functions shall include direct access of preset position, zoom (near/far), focus (near/far), iris (open/close) and pan (left/right). Camera functions and control shall be accessible for eight (8) cameras on the Model WJ-HD316A itself without optional equipment. In addition, eight (8) cameras connected to the digital video recorder model WJ-HD316A shall feature cable compensation up to 3000' with no loss of video or control signal degradation when using RG59U cable, Belden 9259 or equivalent. Camera functions, control and cable compensation up to 3000' for all 16 cameras shall be accessible by the digital video recorder model WJ-HD316A with optional Model WJ-SX150A Matrix System, and fully controllable via the optional system controller, model WV-CU650C, using 2 pair twisted and shielded cable, Belden 9842 or equivalent.
(1) Furnish 16 looping outputs for connection of all video sources to external monitoring systems including multi-screen and spot monitor video outputs, via BNC female connections.
(2) Furnish four (4) channels of audio connection, including audio loop through via RCA phono jacks.
(3) Furnish One (1) External Storage connection via High Speed (480 Mbps) Serial Interface. Furnish One (1) External Copy connection via High Speed (480 Mbps) Serial Interface.
(4) Furnish two (2) independent Video Outputs assignable to Multi-screen or Spot functions (both/either). Furnish one (1) Cascade output for connecting three (3) additional digital video recorder model WJ-HD316A systems for centralized control using a single video monitor. Furnish virtual camera number programming capability to support 64 camera channels on a single system, independent of a Matrix System. Furnish one (1) independent RGB Video output, capable of monitoring all DVR functions.
(1) Furnish Alarm, Alarm Suspend, Operate, HDD1, HDD2, HDD3 (on expansion unit) and HDD4 (on expansion unit), Timer and Error indicators.
(3) Furnish Camera Selection, Iris, Preset and Camera Automatic Mode, Pan/Tilt, Set, Jog Dial, Shuttle Dial, Setup/Esc, Record, Search, Play/Pause, Pan/Tilt Slow, Stop, Pan/Tilt Go to Last, Zoom/Focus, A-B, Repeat, Shift, Alarm Reset Buttons.
(4) All Camera selection buttons shall have Tri-State Indication, corresponding to Recording, Viewing and Control functions on actual DVR hardware. PC emulation shall not be an acceptable alternative.
Mounting: Unit to be rack-mountable with included hardware and shall occupy (2) EIA rack height units per module. DVR Main and expansion modules shall occupy the same rack height.
Power: The digital video recorder shall have a power source of 120VAC (50/60 Hz) and be UL listed.
(1) All video recorder recording, review, playback, camera control and setup, digital video recorder setup and network video mode setup functions shall be available via the internally mounted Network Interface. Equip with 10-100base-T connection for record review and camera view and control on a personal computer equipped with Internet Browser Software and an Ethernet 100Base-T connection.
(2) Feature shall permit direct camera selection for recording playback of any of 16 video sources at the same time as multi-screen viewing and multiplexed camera encoding (triplex multiplexer mode).
(3) Up to eight (8) PC Clients shall be supported by the Model WJ-HD316 DVR. Two simultaneous FTP sessions shall be supported by the Model WJ-HD316 DVR.
(4) Optional Control Center Client Model WV-AS100 Software
(a) Up to 100 Model WJ-HD316 DVR Systems shall be supported.
(b) Multiple, simultaneous Live or Playback Recorder functions shall be supported from a central location.
(c) Automated Event and Recording Data shall be available for download on the basis of preprogrammed schedules
PART 3 EXECUTION
Panasonic System Solutions Specification Page of