|Principal Investigator: Wei-Hsin Sun
Name: Wei-Hsin Sun , 孫維新
Phone:02-3366-9731, Fax:02-2363-9984, E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Current position : Professor,
Institution/Department: Institute of Astrophysics, National Taiwan University
Address: Institute of Astrophysics, No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei, 10617 Taiwan(R.O.C.)
1987 ─ 1989 Postdoctoral Researcher, NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
1989 ─ 2007 Associate Professor, Department of Physics, National Central University
1995 ─ 1998 Director, Institute of Astronomy, National Central University
1992 ─ 2007 Associate Professor, Institute of Astronomy, National Central University
1996 ─ 2007 Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Physics, National Taiwan University
2005 ─ 2007 Director, Science Education Center, National Central University
2007 ─ Professor, Institute of Astrophysics, National Taiwan University
2007 ─ Professor, Department of Physics, National Taiwan University
1975 ─ 1979 Bachelor of Science, Department of Physics, National Taiwan University
1982 ─ 1987 Ph.D., Department of Astronomy, University of California, Los Angeles
Fields of specialty
Researches in Astrophysics
— Active Galactic Nuclei (AGNs) and Quasi-stellar Objects (QSOs)
— Interstellar Medium (ISM)
— Galaxy Interaction and Evolution
— Observatory Site Survey and Construction（Ken-Ting, Xingjiang, and Tibet）
— Remotely Controlled Observations（Lulin, Ken-Ting, Xingjiang, and Tibet）
Multi-wavelength Observations (X-ray, UV, Optical, and IR)
Demonstrations in Teaching of Physics
— Design of Physics Demonstrations and Experiments
Planning and Teaching of Physics Demonstration Course
Significant project-related publications
1. Journal Articles (SCI Refereed Articles)
(1) Wu, H., W.-H. Sun, et al., 2002, “Intermediate-Band Surface Photometry of the Edge-on Galaxy NGC4565”, The Astronomical Journal, 123, 1364.
(2) L.F. Xia, W.-H. Sun, et al., 2002, “Photometric Redshift Determination with the BATC Multicolor System”, Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, 114, 1349-1358.
(3) Y. Liu, W.-H. Sun, et al., 2003, “Astronomical Observing Conditions at the Xinglong Station in 1995-2001”, Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, 115, 495-501.
(4) X. Zhou, W.-H. Sun, et al., 2003, “15 Color Photometry of Landolt SA95 Standard Star Field”, Astronomical and Astrophysics Journal, 397, 361-369.
(5) W. Lin, W.-H. Sun, et al., 2003, “H-alpha + [NII] Observations of the HII Regions in M81”, Astronomical Journal, 126, 1286.
(6) X. Zhou, W.-H. Sun, et al., 2004, “Dome-Diffuser Flat-fielding for Schmidt Telescopes”, The Astronomical Journal, 127, 3642-3652.
(7) X. Zhou, W.-H. Sun, et al, 2005, “CCD Under-Sampling Effect and Its Modeling in the BATC Observing System”, Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, 117, 86-93.
(8) W.-H. Sun, et al, 2005, “Intergalactic Stellar Distributions in the M81/M82 Interacting Group”, The Astrophysical Journal Letters, 630, L133-136.
(9) Y.-J. Chen, W.-H. Sun, et al, 2006, “Infrared study of UV/EUV irradiation of naphthalene in H2O+NH3 ice”, Advances in Geosciences, 7, 69-77.
(10) Y.-J. Chen, W.-H. Sun, et al, 2007, “Carbamic acid produced by the UV/EUV irradiation of interstellar ice analogs”, Astronomy and Astrophysics, 464, 253-257.
B. Books and Audio-Visual Publications
“Chatting about the Heavens”, 2002, W.-H. Sun, Popular Science Book, Published by Tien-Hsia Publishing Company.
“Observational Astrophysics”, 2004, Chinese Translation from “Observational Astrophysic”, by P. Lena, Translators：W.-H. Sun and J.-Y. Hu, Editor：National Translation Bureau, Published by Wu-Nan Company, A standard graduate student textbook for advanced observational astronomy.
“Special Edition of the Physics Expo 2005”, 2005, ed. Wei-Hsin Sun, Published by the Science Education Center, NCU.
“Sail into the Deep Universe” TV series, 14 episodes, 2000, Author and Producer: W.-H. Sun.
“Remote Astronomy Observation” Film, 2002, Author and Producer: W.-H. Sun, Produced by Cheng-Hsin Company.
“A Gardener that Never Retires – The Story of Dr. Wu Ta-You”, 2006, Author and Producer: W.-H. Sun, Produced by Cheng-Hsin Company, Distributor: C.-S. Shen, Wu Ta-You Science Foundation.
C. Honor and Awards
“Research Creativity Award” for supervising research project, National Science Council, 1997。
“Sail into the Deep Universe” TV Series, Awards:
1994 Golden Tape Award
1995 Lee Kuo-Ting Science and Technology TV Program Award
2000 Golden Bell Award, Best Host for Science and Education Programs
“Chatting About the Heavens” Popular Science Book, Awards:
2003 Golden Ding Award, News Bureau, the Executive Yuan, Taiwan
2004 Golden Award, Best Popular Science Book, Wu Ta-You Foundation.
“Excellent Teaching Award”, 2000, College of Science, National Central University.
“Excellent Teaching Award”, 2001, College of Science, National Central University.
“Outstanding Teaching Award”, 2004, National Central University.
“Special Contribution Award”, 2005, National Central University. (For “Physics Expo 2005”)
“Ministry of Education Award”, 2006, Natural Science Researcher Training Program, A-Category.
“Ministry of Education Award”, 2006, Natural Science Researcher Training Program, B-Category.