Adam Ellis - Director of Marketing
370 New York Avenue, Huntington, N.Y. 11743
TEL - 631.673.7300 x 303 / FAX - 631.673.6311
For Immediate Release:
The Paramount…Where Grammy Royalty Performs
8-time Grammy Award winner Lauryn Hill set to rock The Paramount stage during the 2014 Grammy Awards this Sunday night, Jan. 26
Huntington, N.Y. (January 24, 2014) – Open for just over two years, The Paramount in Huntington, Long Island, New York, has already featured numerous Grammy Award winners on its stage – most notably, Billy Joel. Below are some key moments in the 2014 Awards Show, that the venue is most proud of, as we present “Another Paramount Grammy Moment…Did You Know”
* Did You Know…? Lauryn Hill has won a total of eight Grammy Awards and her concert at The Paramount will be on Grammy night, so come down and watch the Grammys with an 8-time Grammy winner… Sun. Jan 26! We’ll have the awards show on the big screen and Ms. Hill on the big stage!
* Did You Know…? In The Grammy Awards 2014 Best Metal category, three of the five nominees have upcoming concert dates at The Paramount: Dream Theater (March 30), Killswitch Engage (May 1) & Volbeat (May 8)!
* Did You Know…? Out of all the artists on sale now coming to The Paramount, Lauryn Hill (playing Jan. 26) has the most individual Grammy wins with 8… unless you combine the Robert Cray Band with The Blind Boys of Alabama together, which will make their double-bill on March 25 a 10-Grammy show!
* Did You Know…? John Fogerty, who currently has an exhibit at The Grammy Museum in L.A., and is nominated for Album of The Year in 2014, previously won in 1997 for Best Rock Album, Blue Moon Swamp. The singer/songwriter from Creedence Clearwater Revival, who wrote the classic “Proud Mary,” will play two shows (Jan. 29 and 30) at The Paramount, hopefully just days after he wins his second one!
* Did You Know…? Boz Scaggs, who won a Grammy 37 years ago in 1976, returns for his second time playing The Paramount on May 13.
* Did You Know…? The following 2014 Grammy nominees have already played The Paramount: Sara Bareilles, Robin Thicke, Dave Koz, Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell, Snoop Lion, Colbie Caillat and Gavin Degraw – let’s root them on to victory!
* Did You Know…? With five Grammy Awards, 15 nominations, millions of record sales worldwide, and thousands of sold-out performances, rock blues icon Robert Cray, coming March 25th to The Paramount with his band, is considered “one of the greatest guitarists of his generation.” Rolling Stone Magazine in its April 2011 issue credits Cray with reinventing the blues with his “distinct razor sharp guitar playing” that “introduced a new generation of mainstream rock fans to the language and form of the blues.”
* Did You Know…? Rob Thomas, who won three Grammys in 1999, returns for his second time playing The Paramount stage when he performs a solo show in Huntington on May 5 (A.K.A. Cinco de Rob).
* Did You Know…? The Blind Boys of Alabama – playing The Paramount on March 25 – are recognized worldwide as true living legends of Gospel music. Celebrated by The Grammy Foundation for the Arts with Lifetime Achievement Award and winners of five Grammy Awards, they have attained the highest levels of recognition for a career that spans 60-plus years.
* Did You Know…? If we’re talking about Grammy Awards and The Paramount, we can’t forget Billy Joel, the six-time winner who rocked the house when he made The Paramount his home-stage with a surprise concert at The Paramount last October. Sorry, the Piano Man has no upcoming dates at The Paramount, but hey… you never know!
About The Paramount:
Opened September 30, 2011 this 1,555-capacity live entertainment venue, located in downtown Huntington, Long Island, New York, features; concerts, comedy, boxing, community and other special events in a club/theater setting. With nearly 35,000 Facebook fans, The Paramount was recently ranked by Pollstar Magazine as the #24 highest attended club-venue worldwide (January-June 2013). A Ticketmaster venue, booked by Live Nation, The Paramount hosts nearly 200 events per year and in just over two years since its inception, has quickly established itself as the premier music venue on Long Island, NY. Some artists who have taken the Paramount stage include; Billy Joel, Pitbull, Don Henley, Willie Nelson, B.B. King, ZZ Top, Weezer, Counting Crows, Primus, Matchbox 20, The Blues Brothers, Limp Bizkit, and many, many, more.