|Microsoft Instant Messenger:
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR MICROSOFT SOFTWARE
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: Be sure to carefully read and understand all of the rights and restrictions described in this Microsoft End-User License Agreement ("EULA"). You will be asked to review and either accept or not accept the terms of the EULA. This software will not install on your computer unless or until you accept the terms of this EULA.
Your click of the "yes" button is a symbol of your signature that you accept the terms of the EULA. For your reference, you may refer to the copy of this EULA that can be found in the Help for this SOFTWARE. You may also receive a copy of this EULA by contacting the Microsoft subsidiary serving your country, or write: Microsoft Sales Information Center/One Microsoft Way/Redmond, WA 98052-6399.
This EULA is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Microsoft Corporation for the Microsoft software accompanying this EULA, which includes the accompanying computer software, and may include associated media, printed materials and any "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE"). By installing the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, you may not install or use the SOFTWARE.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE
The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:
· Software. You may install, use, access, display, run, or otherwise interact with ("RUN") one copy of the SOFTWARE, on a single computer, workstation, terminal, handheld PC, pager, "smart phone," or other digital electronic device ("COMPUTER"). The primary user of the COMPUTER on which the SOFTWARE is installed may make a second copy for his or her exclusive use on a portable computer. You may also copy, post and otherwise distribute the Messenger Service download package containing the SOFTWARE; provided that you keep the package intact and do not delete or revise any portion of such package.
· Storage/Network Use. You may also store or install a copy of the SOFTWARE on a storage device, such as a network server, used only to RUN the SOFTWARE on your other COMPUTERS over an internal network; however, you must acquire and dedicate a license for each separate COMPUTER on which the SOFTWARE is RUN from the storage device. A license for the SOFTWARE may not be shared or used concurrently on different COMPUTERS.
· Reservation of Rights. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by Microsoft.
· You must maintain all copyright notices on all copies of the SOFTWARE.
· Limitations of Reverse Engineering, Decompilation and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE, except and only to the extent that such activity is permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
· Rental. You may not rent or lease or lend the SOFTWARE.
· Software Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA one time, provided you retain no copies, you transfer all of the SOFTWARE (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity), you do not receive any payment or other compensation for transferring the SOFTWARE and the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA. If the SOFTWARE portion is an upgrade, any transfer must include all prior versions of the SOFTWARE.
· Support Services. Microsoft may provide you with support services related to the SOFTWARE ("Support Services"), in its discretion. Use of Support Services, if any, is governed by the Microsoft policies and programs described in the user manual, in "online" documentation, and/or other Microsoft-provided materials. Any supplemental software code provided to you as a part of Support Services shall be considered part of the SOFTWARE and subject to the terms of this EULA. With respect to technical information you provide to Microsoft as part of the Support Services, Microsoft may use such information for its business purposes, including for product support and development. Microsoft will not utilize such technical information in a form that personally identifies you except to the extent necessary to provide you with support.
· Replacement, Modification and Upgrade of the Software. Microsoft reserves the right to replace, modify or upgrade the SOFTWARE at any time by offering you a replacement or modified version of the SOFTWARE or such upgrade and to charge for such replacement, modification or upgrade. Any such replacement or modified software code or upgrade to the SOFTWARE offered to you by Microsoft shall be considered part of the SOFTWARE and subject to the terms of this EULA (unless this EULA is superceded by a further EULA accompanying such replacement or modified version of or upgrade to the SOFTWARE). In the event that Microsoft offers a replacement or modified version of or any upgrade to the SOFTWARE, (a) your continued use of the SOFTWARE is conditioned on your acceptance of such replacement or modified version of or upgrade to the SOFTWARE and any accompanying superceding EULA and (b) in the case of the replacement or modified SOFTWARE, your use of all prior versions of the SOFTWARE is terminated.
· Storage/Message Limitations. The amount of storage space per user is limited. Some messages may not be processed due to space constraints, inbound or outbound message limitations. You agree that Microsoft is not responsible or liable for the deletion or failure to process or store messages. Microsoft shall have no obligation to maintain any content in your account or to forward messages to you or any third party.
3. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, Microsoft may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. Microsoft may terminate this EULA by offering you a superceding EULA for the SOFTWARE or any replacement or modified version of or upgrade to the SOFTWARE and conditioning your continued use of the SOFTWARE or such replacement, modified or upgraded version on your acceptance of such superceding EULA. In addition, Microsoft may terminate this EULA by notifying you that your continued use of the SOFTWARE is prohibited. In the event that Microsoft terminates this EULA, you must immediately stop using the SOFTWARE and destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE and all of its component parts.
4. COPYRIGHT. All title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text and "applets," incorporated into the SOFTWARE), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the SOFTWARE, are owned by Microsoft or its suppliers. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be accessed through use of the SOFTWARE is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants you no rights to use such content. If this SOFTWARE contains documentation which is provided only in electronic form, you may print one copy of such electronic documentation. You may not copy the printed materials accompanying the SOFTWARE.
5. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. All SOFTWARE provided to the U.S. Government pursuant to solicitations issued on or after December 1, 1995 is provided with the commercial rights and restrictions described elsewhere herein. All SOFTWARE provided to the U.S. Government pursuant to solicitations issued prior to December 1, 1995 is provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS as provided for in FAR, 48 CFR 52.227-14 (JUNE 1987) or DFAR, 48 CFR 252.227-7013 (OCT 1988), as applicable.
6. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You agree that you will not export or re-export the SOFTWARE, any part thereof, or any process or service that is the direct product of the SOFTWARE (the foregoing collectively referred to as the "Restricted Components"), to any country, person or entity subject to U.S. export restrictions. You specifically agree not to export or re-export any of the Restricted Components (i) to any country to which the U.S. has embargoed or restricted the export of goods or services, which currently include, but are not necessarily limited to Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, or to any national of any such country, wherever located, who intends to transmit or transport the Restricted Components back to such country; (ii) to any person or entity who you know or have reason to know will utilize the Restricted Components in the design, development or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons; or (iii) to any person or entity who has been prohibited from participating in U.S. export transactions by any federal agency of the U.S. government. You warrant and represent that neither the U.S. Commerce Department, Bureau of Export Administration nor any other U.S. federal agency has suspended, revoked or denied your export privileges.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY (IF ANY) IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF LACK OF VIRUSES, AND OF LACK OF NEGLIGENCE OR LACK OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR OF NONINFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU.
8. EXCLUSION OF ALL DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR ANY INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, FOR NEGLIGENCE, AND FOR ANY PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MICROSOFT OR ANY SUPPLIER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES SHALL BE EFFECTIVE EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
9. LIMITATION AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY. The SOFTWARE was provided to you at no charge and Microsoft has included in this EULA terms that disclaim all warranties and liability for the SOFTWARE. To the full extent allowed by law, YOU HEREBY RELEASE MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ALL CLAIMS CONCERNING THE SOFTWARE OR ITS USE. If you do not wish to accept the SOFTWARE under the terms of this EULA, do not install the SOFTWARE. No refund will be made because the SOFTWARE was provided to you at no charge.
10. GOVERNING LAW. If you acquired the SOFTWARE in the United States of America, the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A will apply to this contract. If you acquired this SOFTWARE outside of the United States of America, then local law may apply.
11. NOTE ON JAVA SUPPORT. THE SOFTWARE MAY CONTAIN SUPPORT FOR PROGRAMS WRITTEN IN JAVA. JAVA TECHNOLOGY IS NOT FAULT TOLERANT AND IS NOT DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, OR INTENDED FOR USE OR RESALE AS ONLINE CONTROL EQUIPMENT IN HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENTS REQUIRING FAIL-SAFE PERFORMANCE, SUCH AS IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, DIRECT LIFE SUPPORT MACHINES, OR WEAPONS SYSTEMS, IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF JAVA TECHNOLOGY COULD LEAD DIRECTLY TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. Sun Microsystems, Inc. has contractually obligated Microsoft to make this disclaimer.
12. QUESTIONS. Should you have any questions, or if you desire to contact Microsoft for any reason, please contact the Microsoft subsidiary serving your country, or write: Microsoft Sales Information Center/One Microsoft Way/Redmond, WA 98052-6399.
Si vous avez acquis votre produit Microsoft au CANADA, la garantie limitée suivante vous concerne :
EXCLUSION DE GARANTIE. MICROSOFT ET SES FOURNISSEURS FOURNISSENT LE LOGICIEL " EN L'ETAT ", AVEC TOUTES SES IMPERFECTIONS, ET EXCLUENT PAR LES PRESENTES TOUTE AUTRE GARANTIE EXPRESSE, IMPLICITE OU LEGALE, Y COMPRIS, DE MANIERE NON LIMITATIVE (LE CAS ECHEANT) TOUTE GARANTIE IMPLICITE OU CONDITIONS DE QUALITE, D'ADEQUATION A UN USAGE PARTICULIER, D'ABSENCE DE VIRUS, D'ABSENCE DE NEGLIGENCE, OU DE DEFAUT DE FABRICATION. EN OUTRE, ILS EXCLUENT TOUTE GARANTIE OU CONDITION DE PROPRIETE, DE JOUISSANCE PAISIBLE, OU D'ABSENCE DE CONTREFAÇON. VOUS ASSUMEZ L'ENSEMBLE DES RISQUES DECOULANT DE L'UTILISATION OU DU FONCTIONNEMENT DU LOGICIEL.
EXCLUSION DE RESPONSABILITÉ POUR TOUS DOMMAGES. DANS TOUTE LA MESURE PERMISE PAR LA RÉGLEMENTATION APPLICABLE, MICROSOFT OU SES FOURNISSEURS NE POURRONT EN AUCUN CAS ÊTRE TENUS POUR RESPONSABLES DE TOUT DOMMAGE CONSECUTIF, ACCESSOIRE, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPÉCIAL, DE TOUT DOMMAGES-INTÉRETS À TITRE DE SANCTION, OU DE TOUT AUTRE DOMMAGE DE QUELQUE NATURE QUE CE SOIT (NOTAMMENT PRÉJUDICES CORPORELS OU MATERIELS, LES PERTES DE BÉNÉFICES, INTERRUPTIONS D'ACTIVITÉ, ATTEINTES À LA VIE PRIVÉE, MANQUEMENTS À UNE QUELCONQUE OBLIGATION (NOTAMMENT L'OBLIGATION DE BONNE FOI ET DE DILIGENCE), ACTES DE NÉGLIGENCE, ET TOUTE AUTRE PERTE PÉCUNIAIRE OU AUTRE) RÉSULTANT DE, OU LIÉ À L'UTILISATION OU L'IMPOSSIBILITÉ D'UTILISER LE LOGICIEL, MÊME SI MICROSOFT OU UN FOURNISSEUR ONT ÉTÉ PRÉVENUS DE L'ÉVENTUALITÉ DE TELS DOMMAGES. CETTE EXCLUSION DE RESPONSABILTÉ SERA EN VIGUEUR EN CAS DE QUELCONQUE MANQUEMENT À UNE FIN ESSENTIELLE.
LIMITATION ET RELÈVE DE RESPONSABILITÉ. LE LOGICIEL VOUS A ÉTÉ FOURNI GRATUITEMENT ET MICROSOFT A INCLUS DANS CE CLUF DES TERMES LA RELEVANT DE TOUTE GARANTIE ET RESPONSABILITÉ ENVERS LE LOGICIEL. DANS TOUTE LA MESURE PERMISE PAR LA RÉGLEMENTATION APPLICABLE, VOUS RELEVEZ MICROSOFT ET SES FOURNISSEURS DE TOUTE RESPONSABILITÉ AYANT TRAIT OU LIÉE À L'UTILISATION DU LOGICIEL. SI VOUS NE DÉSIREZ PAS ACCEPTER LE LOGICIEL AVEC LES TERMES DE CE CLUF, VEUILLEZ NE PAS INSTALLER LE LOGICIEL. AUCUN REMBOURSEMENT N'AURA LIEU CAR LE LOGICIEL VOUS A ÉTÉ FOURNI GRATUITEMENT.
La présente Convention est régie par les lois de la province d'Ontario, Canada. Chacune des parties à la présente reconnaît irrévocablement la compétence des tribunaux de la province d'Ontario et consent à instituer tout litige qui pourrait découler de la présente auprès des tribunaux situés dans le district judiciaire de York, province d'Ontario.
Au cas où vous auriez des questions concernant cette licence ou que vous désiriez vous mettre en rapport avec Microsoft pour quelque raison que ce soit, veuillez contacter la succursale Microsoft desservant votre pays, dont l'adresse est fournie dans ce produit, ou écrivez à : Microsoft Sales Information Center, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, Washington 98052-6399.