|Efe D. Obaigbena
+1 814 308 2341 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.efeobaigbena.com
1155 23rd Street NW, PH3K N, Washington, DC 20037
OBJECTIVE: To apply my PR, marketing and event management skills, knowledge and experience knowledge and experience towards a position in the Marketing Communications Industry.
EDUCATION: THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY UNIVERSITY PARK PA: MAY 2010
B.A. in Advertising and B.S. in International Studies
PROFESSIONAL MERCURY COMMUNICATIONS GROUP NEW YORK, NY: SEPTEMBER 2010 - PRESENT
EXPERIENCE : Assistant Account Manager/ Intern
- Assist Account Managers manages each project/client and provide administrative support.
- Assist in the content management for clients website and fan relationship management system by creating templates, uploading current content and information, and reviewing account information for relevant marketing data
- Research, monitor, maintain and implement data and information to the various social media networks in addition to maintaining relationships with personals in the digital space
- Collect and monitor the data and analytics from ongoing engagement marketing projects
VELO AGENCY LONDON, ENGLAND: JUNE–JULY 2009
Floor Assistant/ Marketing and Advertising Sales Intern
- Created new media marketing plans for clients, Breakthrough Breast Cancer, Debenhams Desire Magazine and ARISE magazine
- Participated in the advertising sales department of the publishing company for their various clients, created advertising proposals for company’s main client, ARISE magazine
- Provided general office support, assistance, and administrative work
TAYLOR HERRING PR LONDON, ENGLAND: JUNE–JULY 2009
Team Assistant/ Intern
- Assisted one of the teams in the company; assigned to work on 4 accounts
- Created media reports, press releases and marketing and strategic promotional ideas/plans for clients
- Monitored, collected and organized press information about clients
G2 MEDIA INC. ABUJA/LAGOS, NIGERIA: JUNE - JULY 2008
Managing Director’s Personal Assistant
A professional multi-faceted public relations, marketing, booking, and production consulting firm based in the United States planned and directed the THISDAY Africa Rising show in Abuja and Lagos, Nigeria.
- Supplemented administrative work
- Facilitated and provided assistance to the international companies that came to Nigeria
- Supervised guests and clients, and planned their stay in Nigeria
BACCHUS PR WASHINGTON, DC: JULY - AUGUST 2008
Director’s Assistant/ Intern
A British based creative agency specializing in public relations and event production planned and directed the THISDAY Africa Rising show in Washington.
- Performed administrative work
- Planned, prepared, scheduled, and organized the accommodation, transportation and daily itinerary for guests
THE OUTSIDE-ORGANISATION, LTD. LONDON, ENGLAND: JUNE 2008
- Provided general office support, assistance, and administrative work Participated in different departments of the PR company
EXTRA THE WASHINGTON SPEAKERS BUREAU SUMMER 2010
CURRICULAR Spent a week at Omnicoms's Washington Speakers Bureau, and agency that brings audiences quality speakers and experts
ACTIVITIES: whose ideas are changing the face of business and inspiring the world.
- Shadowed Associates and event coordinators on client relations and management.
VALLEY MAGAZINE FALL 2007 - SPRING 2010
A non-profit on campus Pennsylvania State University publication created to be a resource for Penn State women to learn about life and style on University Park's campus. (www.clubs.psu.edu/up/valley)
- Oversaw the entire Business Division, consisted of Advertising Creative and Sales, Event Management, and Promotions and Marketing. Managed 6 directors, including 12 Marketing Executives and a Webmaster
- Responsible for marketing Valley to the female students on the University Park campus and promoting Valley and Valley events
- On Valley’s release, the team hosts ‘Valley Week’, a weeklong series of events, workshops and free give-a-ways, where we partner with local stores and companies
NOTEWORTHY Intermediate level of French
SKILLS: Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and with Mac, Windows XP and Vista