600 University Oaks Blvd
, J105 Amir Sohrabi
College Station, TX 77840 979-676-4466
Position in Computational Solid Mechanics.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Experienced in structural design and simulation.
Finite Element programmer for coupled nonlinear and time dependent modeling of smart structures.
Worked as dynamic designer for vibratory structures.
Investigated nonlinear post buckling of composite plates using spline finite strip method.
Ph. D. in Mechanical Engineering, GPR (4.0/4.0), Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, Dec 2014
M. Sc. in Aero Str. Engineering, GPR (15.3/20), Amirkabir Univ. of Technology, Tehran, Iran, May2007
B. Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, GPR (13.6/20), Iran Univ. of Sci. and Technology, Tehran, Iran, May2004
Non Linear Finite Element Method
Research Assistant, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, January 2011- present
Designing and simulating an actuator structure using polarization switching phenomena with ABAQUS/UEL and ABAQUS/UMAT for high voltage and high displacement.
Developing a FE code in FORTRAN for nonlinear time dependent analysis of piezoelectric structures.
Formulating a solution for viscoelastic piezoelectric beam.
Design and Simulation Engineer, PSACO Vibrating Eqpmnt. and Plants, Tehran, Iran, Jan 2008 - Aug 2009
Modified performance and increased durability of vibratory sieves by using simulation and 3D mathematical models and MSC-ADAMS that facilitate the manufacturing process.
Conceptually designed a vibratory elevator using Solid Works and COSMOS.
Design Engineer, MAPN Design and Manufacturing, Tehran, Iran, Dec 2003- Sep 2004
Designed and manufactured spare parts for injection system of a diesel generator using Mechanical Desktop.
Mechanical Engineer Intern, Iran Khodro Company, Tehran, Iran, Summer 2002
Simulated and evaluated performance of a totally automatized nut-feeder system using MSC-ADAMS and Working Model 3D.
Manufacturing Engineer Intern, Fahham Heavy Machinery, Tehran, Iran, Summer 2000
Controlled quality of parts in the machine shop and designed necessary fixtures or auxiliary parts for manufacturing using AutoCAD.
Mechanical Engineer Intern, Tehran University, Tehran, Iran, Summer 1999
Installed and calibrated load cell mechanism in irrigation research farm.
Proficient: ABAQUS, COSMOS, ANSYS, MSC-ADAMS, WORKING MODEL 3D, MATLAB, MAPLE, FORTRAN, DELPHI, VISUAL BASIC, TECPLOT, PARAVIEW, LATEX, MS-OFFICE.
Capable: C++, Python, LABVIEW, HTML
Fundamentals of Engineering, TX 2013
Material for Energy Conversion, TX 2012
1. Doshi, S., et al., Analyses of Multifunctional Layered Composite Beams. 2013: CRC Press.
2. Korayem, M.H., et al. Design & Manufacturing a Robot Wrist: Performance, Analysis. in Tehran International Congress on Manufacturing Engineering (TICME2005). 2005.
3. Ovesy, H.R. and A. Sohrabi. Buckling Stability Analysis of Composite Laminated Plates Using Higher Order Spline Finite Strip. in 15th. Annual (International) Conference on Mechanical Engineering-ISME2007. 2007.
4. Sohrabi, A. and A. Muliana, Nonlinear Hysteretic Response of Piezoelectric Ceramics, Ferroelectrics - Characterization and Modeling. 2011: InTech.
5. Sohrabi, A. and A. Muliana. The Time Dependent Behavior of Active Composite Beams. in American Society for Composites 27th Technical Conference, October 1-3, 2012 3. Sheraton Arlington Hotel, Arlington, Texas. 2012.
6. Sohrabi, A. and A. Muliana. Finite Element Analysis for Nonlinear Time Dependent Response of Piezoelectric Materials. in ASME 2012 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition. 2012. American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
7. Sohrabi, A. and A. Muliana, Rate-dependent electro-mechanical coupling response of ferroelectric materials: A finite element formulation. Mechanics of Materials, 2013. 62: p. 44-59.
8. Sohrabi, A. and A. Muliana. Nonlinear Time Dependent Finite Element Model for Active Composites. in American Society for Composites 28th Technical Conference, September 9-11, 2013. State College, PA. 2013. DEStech Publications, Inc.
9. Sohrabi, A. and A. Muliana. Non Linear Time Dependent Responses of Ferroelectric Materials. in 17th U.S. National Congress on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics. 2014.
10. Sohrabi, A., A. Muliana, and A. Srinivasa. SHAPE CONTROL WITH SMART 3D TRUSS STRUCTURE. in Proceedings of Proceedings of the ASME 2014 International Mechanical Engineering. 2014. (accepted).
11. Sohrabi, A. and H.R. Ovesy. Spline FSM Buckling Analysis of Higher Order Shear Deformable Rectangular Laminates. in APCOM’07 in conjunction with EPMESC XI, Kyoto, JAPAN. 2007.
12. Sohrabi, A. and H.R. Ovesy. Free Vibration of Thick Plates Using Higher Order Finite Strip. in The 7th Iranian Aerospace Society Conference AERO2008, Tehran, Iran. 2008.
13. Sohrabi, A., H.R. Ovesy, and G. Morada. Post Buckling Analysis of Thick Rectangular Laminates By Using Higher Order Shear Deformable Spline Finite Strip Method. in 16th. Annual (International) Conference on Mechanical Engineering-ISME2008. 2008.
Proficient written and spoken English and Farsi
Learning Spanish and France
Eligible for CPT (Curricular Practical Training) before graduation as well as OPT (Optional Practical Training) after graduation.