|NOMINATION FOR EMMA HERMANN LOWE AND BETTY BOYD SCHOLARSHIP
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
A nominee for the above scholarship must:
A. Have completed 90 semester hours of credit including a minimum of two Teacher Education courses with a grade point average of 3.0 overall and 3.5 in Teacher Education courses.
B. Be actively pursuing a program for teacher certification in Elementary Education, P-5.
C. Be characterized by
1. A teaching mission
2. A focus on children
3. Positive human relationship qualities
4. Potential for innovative and creative input into the classroom.
I hereby nominate __________________________________________ as a candidate for the Emma Hermann Lowe and Betty Boyd Scholarship.
*Signed __________________________________________ Date _____________
* This form must be signed by a faculty member from the School of Teacher Education.
Typed application is due by noon on the last Friday of February.
Please submit your application in Gary A. Ransdell Hall 1092
APPLICATION FOR EMMA HERMANN LOWE AND BETTY BOYD SCHOLARSHIP
Names and addresses of parents/guardians and/or spouse: _________________________
Hometown Newspaper __________________________________________
Social Security Number Current GPA
What is your major or certification being pursued________________________________
How many hours have your completed in your major?____________________
Circle one: Freshman Sophomore Junior Senior
Are you currently receiving any financial aid/scholarship(s)? ______________ If yes, please indicate amount and type/name(s) of the aid/scholarship(s) ________________________________________________________________________
Please complete the following:
1. I want to become a teacher because (complete in 50 words or less) ....
2. I first became interested in teaching (complete in 50 words or less) ....
3. An outstanding teacher is one who (complete in 50 words or less) ....
4. I plan to get students excited about learning by (complete in 50 words or less) ....