Education Working Group Meeting Minutes Phoenix, az january 14 – 18, 2013




Дата канвертавання24.04.2016
Памер120.93 Kb.

Education Working Group Meeting Minutes

Phoenix, AZ

January 14 – 18, 2013


Monday 14 January 2013 Q3 3

Monday 14 January 2013 Q4 5

Tuesday 15 September 2013 Q2 7

Tuesday 15 September 2013 – Facilitators Lunch 9

Thursday 17 September 2013 Q1 11

Thursday 17 September 2013 Q2 13

Action Items


Action: Provide Heather with tutorial material (Mary Ann) 4

Action: Send tutorial specification to JD - Melva 4

Action: Melva to send the HL7 Canada slide deck to Marketing and Education 6

Action: AMS will discuss marketing of FHIR in MnM 6

Action: Melva and Sharon to confirm the status of the Strategic Plan and next steps 8

Action: Melva to post the strategic plan to the wiki 8

Action: Ginnie and Sharon to update PSS with additional action items for prep class 8

Action: Sharon to post to Wiki 8

Action: Set up a time on a teleconference and make sure to invite specific individuals 10

Action: Pull out suggestions for changes from the eLearning Course 12

Action: Create an action plan for addressing some of the concerns and changes 12

Action: David and Diego will work on an introduction to FHIR for the end of the March edition. 12

Action: Update material with product lines and families. 12

Monday 14 January 2013 Q3


Attendees

Name

Organization

Country

Email

Melva Peters

HL7 Canada

Canada

Melva.peters@gpinformatics.com

Diego Kaminker

HL7 Argentina

Argentina

Kaminker.diego@gmail.com

Sharon Chaplock

HL7 Staff




Sharon@hl7.org

Heather Grain

HL7 Australia

Australia

h.grain@ehe.edu.au

Supten Sarbadhikari

HL7 India

India

supten@gmail.com

Mary Ann Boyle

HL7 Staff




maryann@hl7.org

Quorum Met: Yes

      Agenda Topics


  • Welcome/introductions

  • Approve agenda

  • Approve minutes - Baltimore September 2012 WGM

  • Discuss day/time of Teleconferences

  • Planning - May 2013 Tutorial Preparation

  • include speakers name in brochure and/or web page

  • Policy - requirement for all tutorial speakers to take Heather's tutorial?

  • Plan agenda for Education Facilitators Lunch

  • TBD

  • New Courses for consideration

  • Any other topics?

      Supporting Documents


  • Agenda

  • Minutes – Baltimore WGM – Education WG

  • May 2013 Tutorial Spreadsheet

      Minutes/Conclusions Reached


  • Welcome/introductions

  • Approve agenda

  • Motion – Heather/Supten – Carried 4/0/0

  • Approve minutes - Baltimore September 2012 WGM

  • Motion – Heather/Diego – 4/0/0 Carried

  • Discuss day/time of Teleconferences

  • Leave as is for now

  • Planning - May 2013 Tutorial Preparation

  • include speakers name in brochure and/or web page

  • time to review tutorial specifications – hands on with Heather –

  • quality audit for tutorial specification – Heather volunteered to review January 2013 tutorials – specifications and slide deck

Action: Provide Heather with tutorial material (Mary Ann)

  • Participants to other WG

  • None needed

  • Review of requirement for Tutorial Specifications

  • Policy - requirement for all tutorial speakers to take Heather's tutorial?

  • Moved by Heather seconded by Supten to require all tutorial speakers to have taken the Tutorial (F2F or Webinar)

  • 4/0/0 Carried

  • will start for the September 2013 WGM tutorials and/or November ED Summit

  • Consider this for a webinar

  • Add a second time during the week – perhaps Sunday night

  • Will send a report back to the tutorial speaker and co-chairs

  • Action: Review timelines and steps – and establish monetary penalties

  • This will be done for all education offerings

  • Plan agenda for Educators Lunch

  • Tutorial specificaiton Tutorial – Reminder

  • Review of Tutorial Specifications and Slide decks – Heather will be doing and provide a report

  • Any other agenda items?

  • Name for fee-based Webinars - Sharon

  • New Courses for consideration

  • UML – need a tutorial specification

  • Melva will email it to JD



Action: Send tutorial specification to JD - Melva

Monday 14 January 2013 Q4


Joint meeting with Marketing and International Mentoring

Attendees

Name

Organization

Country

Email

Melva Peters

HL7 Canada

Canada

Melva.peters@gpinformatics.com

Diego Kaminker

HL7 Argentina

Argentina

Kaminker.diego@gmail.com

Sharon Chaplock

HL7 Staff




Sharon@hl7.org

Heather Grain

HL7 Australia

Australia

h.grain@ehe.edu.au

Harry Solomon

GE

US

Harry.solomon@ge.com

AbdulMalik Shakir

COIT

US

ashakir@coit.org

Ed Tripp




US

Edward.Tripp@estripp.com

Sharon Kayne Chaplock

HL7 Staff

US

Sharon@hl7.org

John Ritter




US

Johnritter1@verizon.net

Gora Datta

Cal2Cal Corp

US

gora@cal2cal.com

Quorum Met: Yes



      Agenda Topics


  • Introductions

  • Review Agenda

  • E-Learning update - Diego Kaminker

  • Marketing of FHIR

  • Impact of change to IP

  • Other topics to be determined

  • Update from International Mentoring - John Ritter and Diego Kaminker - 4:30pm

  • planning on how to introduce Africa to health Information standards

      Supporting Documents


  • Agenda

      Minutes/Conclusions Reached


  • Introductions

  • Review Agenda

  • eLearning Update - Diego

  • finished all eLearning courses except Italy

  • More than 600 students have registered

  • Materials have been updated

  • Tutors can suggest changes via Trello side

  • Certificate of Completion are generated rather than as a printed copy

  • saves time and costs

  • HL7 Fundamentals is new name for eLearning course

  • There are instances of courses that have the same name/topic - but they are not the same

  • We should do an inventory of our courses and review the names/descriptions to determine that we don't call a tutorial the same name when it isn't the same context

  • next course starts in March

  • have 200 students registered

  • Marketing/education of FHIR

  • Suggested that this should be an agenda item for May 2013 WGM

  • invite FHIR team/reps?

Action: Melva to send the HL7 Canada slide deck to Marketing and Education

  • We need to have everyone understand the different products and the place where the products should be used

Action: AMS will discuss marketing of FHIR in MnM

  • need to consider FHIR education

  • access to the standards has been an issue in education courses/eLearning

  • Education is expected to become a significant revenue stream

  • Need to get the word out about what is HL7 and why does it matter

  • Other topics

  • Branding of HL7 Education

  • Ambassador Presentations vs Education Webinars, tutorials, etc

  • Ambassador Programs

  • HL7 University - for our educational offerings

  • Portal with our offerings

  • Market our courses by the competencies by roles

  • Can we play a role in Third Party education

  • Update from International Mentoring - John Ritter and Diego Kaminker

  • targeting Africa and Low and Medium income countries

  • Inform Africa about HL7 and what exists

  • Reach out to countries that don't have affiliates

  • another mechanism may be through WHO to get word out



Tuesday 15 September 2013 Q2


Attendees

Name

Organization

Country

Email

AbdulMalik Shakir

COIT

US

ashakir@coit.org

Mike Henderson

Eastern Informatics

US

mike@easterninformatics.com

Melva Peters (Chair) (Scribe)

HL7 Canada

Canada

Melva.peters@gpinformatics.com

Supten Sarbadhikari

HL7 India

India

supten@gmail.com

Sharon Chaplock

HL7 Staff




Sharon@hl7.org

Quorum Met: Yes

      Agenda Topics


  • Review May 2013 Tutorial Grid

  • Review Education Survey Responses

  • Project Review

  • Tutorial Tracking

  • Education Webinars

  • Electronic Certification

  • Strategic Plan

  • RIM Test Update

  • Certification Enhancement

      Supporting Documents


  • Agenda

  • May 2013 Tutorial Grid

  • Education Survey Responses

  • Project Scope Statements

File:2013JAN PSS Educ AMShakir TutorialTrackingInfoDB.doc

File:2012MAY PSS EducationWebinars (updated January 14 2013).doc

File:2013 HL7 Education and Training Schedule.doc

File:Education WG - Electronic Certification Testing (Updated December 19 2012).doc

File:2011JAN PSS Educ AMS StrategicPlan.doc

File:2012SEP PSS Education VLorenzi RIMTestUpgrade revised.doc

File:2012MAY PSS Educ DKaminker CertificationPgmEnhancement.doc

      Minutes/Conclusions Reached


  • Review May 2013 Tutorial Grid

  • Review Education Survey Responses

  • Project Review

  • Tutorial Tracking (PSS 546)

  • We have the requirements and had planned to develop a model

  • It was discussed that we should take the requirements and look at COTS product rather than develop

  • It was moved by Mike Henderson and seconded by AbdulMalik Shakir to change this project to a 3 year plan item with a target start date of January 2014

  • Carried (3 for / 0 abstain/ 0 against)

  • Education Webinars (PSS 871)

  • PSS has been updated with new target dates for deliverables

  • Moved by AbdulMalik Shakir and seconded by Mike Henderson to approved the updated PSS

  • Carried (3 for / 0 abstain/ 0 against)

  • Electronic Certification (PSS 882)

  • PSS has been updated with new target dates for deliverables

  • Moved by AbdulMalik Shakir and seconded by Supten Sarbadhikari to approved the updated PSS

  • Carried (3 for / 0 abstain/ 0 against)

  • Strategic Plan

  • need to check to see if this was approved by the Board?

Action: Melva and Sharon to confirm the status of the Strategic Plan and next steps

Action: Melva to post the strategic plan to the wiki





  • RIM Test Update

  • See updated PSS

  • Moved by AbdulMalik Shakir and seconded by Mike Henderson

  • This motion was tabled pending and update to the PSS to reflect the additional items for the prep class

Action: Ginnie and Sharon to update PSS with additional action items for prep class



  • Certification Enhancement

  • No need to discuss as was approved

  • Review of Education Survey results

  • Sharon reviewed the results of the Education Survey

Action: Sharon to post to Wiki

Tuesday 15 September 2013 – Facilitators Lunch


Attendees

Name

Organization

Country

Email

Melva Peters (chair) (scribe)

HL7 Canada

Canada

Melva.peters@gpinformatics.com

Mike Henderson

Eastern Informatics

US

mike@easterninformatics.com

Sharon Kayne Chaplock

HL7 Staff




Sharon@hl7.org

AbdulMalik Shakir

COIT

US

ashakir@coit.org

Rob Savage

NGC/CDC

US

Hzv3@cdc.gov

Grant Wood

Intermountain HC

US

Grant.wood@imail.org

Rita Scichilone

AHIMA

US

Rita.scichilone@ahima.org

Kai Heitmann

HL7 Germany

Germany

Hl7@kheitmann.de

Gora Datta

Cal2Cal Corp

US

gora@cal2cal.com

Rik Smithies

HL7 UK

UK

rik@nprogram.co.uk

William Goossen

R4C

NL

wgoossen@results4care.nl

Bernd Blobel

HL7 Germany

Germany

Bernd.blobel@klinik.uni-regensburg.de

Ann Wrightson

HL7 UK

UK

Ann.wrightson@wales.nhs.uk

Patrick Loyd

ICode

US

Patrick.e.loyd@gmail.com

John Ritter




US

Johnritter1@verizon.net

Mark Shafarman




US




Diego Kaminker

HL7 Argentina

Argentina




Philip Scott

HL7 UK

UK




Mary Ann Boyle

HL7 Staff




maryann@hl7.org













Quorum Met: Yes

      Agenda Topics


  • Review Tutorial Grid

  • Requirements for Tutorial Specification submission

  • Quality check of existing tutorial specifications and slide decks

  • Requirements to attend “How to Develop and Deliver an HL7 Tutorial”

  • Any other topics?

  • Ambassador Program for September 2013 WGM

      Supporting Documents


  • Agenda

  • File:Atlanta Tutorial Grid - May 2013.xlsx

      Minutes/Conclusions Reached


  • Tutorial Specification

  • Must submit updated or new tutorial specification prior to giving tutorial

  • Heather Grain will offer a hands on session to help you complete during May 2013 WGM

  • Education WG is considering penalties for not completing

  • Review of tutorial Specification

  • Heather Grain will be reviewing tutorial specs and slide decks and will provide comments

  • Tutorial - How to develop and delivery an HL7 Tutorial

  • New policy - all tutorial speakers must attend the tutorial - STARTING SEPTEMBER 2013 WGM

  • Will be offering an addition time during May WGM and September WGM as well as via Webinar

  • Plenary - 1/2 day Ambassador session

  • Are starting the planning for Boston

  • should there be a paid program AND an Ambassador Update?

  • Ambassador Program – we propose keeping the Ambassador program as an “update” program – will reach a different audience

  • Engagement/teaching in universities - how do we engage?

  • Bernd, Phillip, William, Ann W - may be interested in participating

  • can coordinate with Affiliates - as they are already doing this type of work

Action: Set up a time on a teleconference and make sure to invite specific individuals

  • Affiliates doing certification - discussion

  • How Nurses can use HL7

  • have had no response to this tutorial

  • may not be the right place to do this kind of training

  • Could do via Webinar


Thursday 17 September 2013 Q1


Attendees

Name

Organization

Country

Email

Melva Peters (Chair) (scribe)

HL7 Canada

Canada

Melva.peters@gpinformatics.com

Diego Kaminker

HL7 Argentina

Argentina

Kaminker.diego@gmail.com

Heather Grain

HL7 Australia

Australia

h.grain@ehe.edu.au

David Hay

HL7 New Zealand

New Zealand

David.hay25@gmail.com

Sharon Chaplock

HL7 Staff




Sharon@hl7.org

Terje Halvorsen

HL7 Norway

Norway

th@vail.no

Mike Henderson

Eastern Informatics

US

mike@easterninformatics.com

Mary Ann Boyle

HL7 Staff




maryann@hl7.org

























Quorum Met: Yes

      Agenda Topics


  • Introductions

  • eLearning Meeting with Affiliate Reps

  • Problems and issues with HL7 ELC

  • Affiliate Questions and plans

  • Review ELC Survey responses

  • how do we address any concerns

  • FHIR Liaison

  • Tooling Liaison

      Supporting Documents


  • Agenda

  • eLearning Survey Results

      Minutes/Conclusions Reached


  • 14 week course

  • 10-20 students per tutor

  • In the international edition are auto-correcting assignments

  • Affiliates can host their own site, but can be hosted by International

  • If an affiliate is interested, contact Mary Ann will provide forms that need to be signed in order to get the material

  • Education will need to consider addition addition of FHIR

  • Will strongly recommend that students complete the XML unit for this edition and then in the next edition we will make it mandatory

  • Survey Results

  • Suggested that more examples are provided

  • Consider adding a couple of questions to test comprehension in the quiz

  • Suggest that we add additional information on expectations on time commitments for given units as well as the overall course

  • Suggest that the tutorials are updated – grammar, shorter sections, etc

  • FHIR Liaison – David Hay is our liaison

  • Need to think about the education materials that are needed

  • Consider eLearning material

  • David is willing to produce a draft for an introduction

  • `Tooling Liaison

  • Discussion of assignment of a tooling liaison

  • Diego volunteered



Action: Pull out suggestions for changes from the eLearning Course

Action: Create an action plan for addressing some of the concerns and changes

Action: David and Diego will work on an introduction to FHIR for the end of the March edition.

Action: Update material with product lines and families.



Thursday 17 September 2013 Q2


Attendees

Name

Organization

Country

Email

Melva Peters (Chair) (Scribe)

HL7 Canada

Canada

Melva.peters@gpinformatics.com

Heather Grain

HL7 Australia

Australia

h.grain@ehe.edu.au

Diego Kaminker

HL7 Argentina

Argentina

Kaminker.diego@gmail.com

Sharon Chaplock

HL7 Staff




Sharon@hl7.org

Ted Klein

KCI

US

Ted@tklein.com

Julie James

BlueWave

UK




Mary Ann Boyle

HL7 Staff




maryann@hl7.org

Mike Henderson

Eastern Informatics

US

mike@easterninformatics.com

Sandy Stuart




US




Jim Case




US




Bev Knight

Canada Health Infoway

Canada

bknight@infoway-inforoute.ca

Quorum Met: Yes

      Agenda Topics


  • Facilitator Training PSS

  • begin work on next steps

      Supporting Documents


  • Agenda

  • Facilitator Training Project Scope Statement

      Minutes/Conclusions Reached


  • This project is not about Education producing training material on behalf of Work Groups, but rather about supporting WG in developing and publishing their own material

  • Should develop competencies as a start

  • Current target date is June 30, 2013 but may have to extend this

  • Vocabulary – competencies have been developed

  • Vocab project 948 – is an approved project

  • Will have approach by May meeting

  • Target of delivering a tutorial on the Sunday afternoon of the September meeting

  • Discussion of the requirements of a vocab facilitator and how to incent them







База данных защищена авторским правом ©shkola.of.by 2016
звярнуцца да адміністрацыі

    Галоўная старонка