Curriculum vitae: Slavko M. Jankovic, M. D., Ph. D.
Slavko M. Jankovic, M. D., Ph. D.
(Institute of Neurology, 11000 Belgrade, Dr. Subotica 6, Serbia)
1) Personal data:
Slavko M. Jankovic, M. D., Ph. D.
Institute of neurology, Dr. Subotica 6, Serbia
Tel: INT+381 63 8275748
Date of birth: June 9, 1952.
Place of birth: Belgrade
Country of birth: Serbia
Marital status: married,
Children: two sons
Languages spoken: English, German
1959-1967: Elementary school
1967-1971: Belgrade high school (Gymnasium)
1971-1978: University of Belgrade, School of Medicine (Medical doctor)
1983-1985: University of Belgrade, School of medicine- Magister of Sciences
(Mr. Sci.). Thesis title: "The interrelationship of penicillin epilepsy and deprivation of paradoxical sleep phase in cats".
1983-1987: University of Belgrade, School of Medicine- specialist in neuropsychiatry.
1986-1987: University of Belgrade, School of Medicine- certified electroencephalo-graphist and clinical neurophysiologist.
1991-1994: University of Belgrade, School of Medicine- Doctor of medical Sciences (Ph. D.). Thesis title: "Analysis of clinical and subclinical paroxysms, sleep and sleep deprivation in epileptic patients".
Internship: 1 year
Resident: 2 years
Registrar: 2 years
Senior Registrar: 2 years
Consultant in neurology: 21 years
4) Board qualifications:
Serbian Board of Neurology and Psychiatry
5) Professional organizations and Societies and Activities:
International Societies membership:
1) European Neuroscience Association (ENA) since 1984.
2) European Brain and Behavior Society (EBBS) since 1985.
3) International Brain Research Organization (IBRO) since 1986.
1) Serbian Medical Society (since 1978)
2) Serbian Medical Society, Section for Neurology (1987).
3) Serbian Society for Neuroscience (1988).
4) Serbian Medical Society, Section for EEG and Clinical Neurophysiology (1983).
1) Secretary, Section for EEG and Clinical Neurophysiology of Serbian.
2) Secretary, "Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neurology" (official Journal of Serbian Neurological Society).
1) Serbian chapter of ILAE correspondent to "Epigraph", (The Newsletter of the International League Against Epilepsy).
6) Hospital appointments:
1981-1983: General practitioner
1983-1985: Clinical research fellow (resident)
1986-1987: Senior Registrar
1987- And ongoing: Consultant
1990-1992: Chief, Laboratory for EEG
1992- And ongoing: Department for Epilepsy and Sleep Research, Institute of Neurology, Belgrade, Serbia
1987-1994: Secretary, Section for EEG and Clinical Neurophysiology of Serbia
1994-1997: Treasurer, Union of Serbian Societies for EEG and Clinical Neurophysiology
1996: Secretary, "Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neurology" (official Journal of Serbian Neurological Society).
1996: Scientific advisor in Neurology (Institute of Neurology, Belgrade)
1997: Secretary, Section for EEG and Clinical Neurophysiology of Serbia.
2000: Primarius (Institute of Neurology, Belgrade)
8) Fellowships and Grant supports:
- 1985: European Science Foundation Scientific Committee fellowship for the participation in "European Training Program in Brain and Behavior Research", University of Bergen, Institute of Physiological Psychology, Bergen, Norway.
- 1985: Scientific Committee for Epilepsy award: participation on the 16th Epilepsy International Congress in Hamburg, Germany.
On request. Latest publication: “Multiple rhythmic movement disorders with excellent response to clonazepam: case report”. Movement Disorders, 2008 (in press; Published online on www. on February 28, 2008).