k. BE AUTHORIZED TO USE THE DEFENSE COURIER SERVICE
j. FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY INFORMATION
l. OTHER (Specify).
k. OTHER Specify)
DD Form 254, DEC 1999 Previous editions are obsolete
12. PUBLIC RELEASE. Any information (classified or unclassified) pertaining to this contract shall not be released for public dissemination except as provided by the industrial
Security Manual or unless it has been approved for public release by appropriate U.S. Government authority. Proposed public release shall be submitted for approval prior to release
to the Directorate for Freedom of Information and Security Review, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs)* for review.
*In the case of non-DoD User Agencies, requests for disclosure shall be submitted to that agency.
13. SECURITY GUIDANCE. The security classification guidance needed for this effort is identified below. If any difficulty is encountered in applying this guidance or if any other contributing factor indicates a need for changes in this guidance, the contractor is authorized and encouraged to provide recommended changes: to challenge the guidance or classification assigned to any information or material furnished or generated under this contract; and to submit any questions for interpretation of this guidance to the official identified below. Pending final decision, the information involved shall be handled and protected at the highest level of classification assigned or recommended. (Fill in as appropriate for the classified effort. Attach, or forward under separate correspondence, any document/guides/extracts referenced herein. Add additional pages as needed to provide complete guidance.
14. ADDITIONAL SECURITY REQUIREMENTS. Requirements, in addition to ISM requirements, are established for this contract. (If Yes, identify the pertinent contractual clauses in the contract document itself, or provide an appropriate statement which identifies the additional requirements. Provide a copy of the requirements to the cognizant security office. Use Item 13 if additional space is needed.)
15. INSPECTIONS. Elements of this contract are outside the inspection responsibility of the cognizant security office. (If Yes, explain and identify specific areas or elements carved out and the activity responsible for inspections. Use Item 13 if additional space is needed.
16. CERTIFICATION AND SIGNATURE. Security requirements stated herein are complete and adequate for safeguarding the classified information to be released or generated under this classified effort. All questions shall be referred to the official named below.